5 Things You Need To Know About Manushya Foundation!
🧡💗 At Manushya Foundation, we are committed to seeking justice and advancing the human rights of feminists, minorities and marginalized groups! Here are 5 facts you need to know about us 🚺✨
1. We are a Women-led Intersectional Feminist Human Rights Organization 🙋🏻♀️✊ comprising women, transgender people, and feminists passionate about bringing positive change to the world and being part of collective healing. At Manushya, we are Feminists from the Global South, taking into account class struggle. For us, the Souths can occur in the richest country, and the Norths can also occur in the poorest country.
We fight for Human Rights, Equality & Justice!
2. Manushya means ‘Human Being’ in Sanskrit 🇮🇳
Our Organization was founded by Emilie Palamy Pradichit in 2017, with an aspiration to build a movement of Equal Human Beings ∞ #WeAreManushyan ∞
We believe in the ‘Infinite Positive Power of Humans’.
What does it mean? ‘#WeAreManushyan ∞ Equal Human Beings' is a movement of humans working from a place of heart, treating each other following our values, with Equality being a core one. We stop using the word 'empowering' as we believe that all humans have power. Patriarchy, oppression, neocolonialism, racism, and xenophobia are suppressing people's power. Our goal is to reinforce the existing power that we all have within.
We demand inclusive, just, equal, and peaceful societies in Asia, where everyone enjoys human rights without leaving anyone behind.
3. We connect and reinforce the power of local communities across Asia and support them to become Agents of Change fighting for their rights. 👩🌾🧕
We believe that the locals, as Agents of Change, know best in terms of effective solutions to improve their livelihood, and we help them amplify.
4. We use our knowledge, methods, and resources to help local communities to achieve their goals of positive changes. 📚🧠
We implement the following strategies:
1. Coalition Building: we establish strong intersectional networks led by feminists to speak truth to power and stand firm against injustice, inequalities, oppression, patriarchy, and neocolonialism!
2. Capacity Development: we encourage communities to fight for their rights effectively with the critical knowledge and tools they need!
3. Research, Advocacy & Campaigns: we center communities’ voices in research, policies, and campaigns to bring about positive change!
4. Sub-granting: we financially support youth and communities put in marginalized situations to fight for democracy, their rights, their livelihoods, and the Planet!
5. We focus on climate justice 💚⚖️, corporate accountability 🌐♻️, digital rights 🌏💻, and women’s leadership. 🙋🏻♀️✊ We also seek Justice before the United Nations to defend the rights of local communities!
We aim to support and stand with local human rights defenders to protect communities from human rights violations.
For example, we launched key campaigns to redress injustice, such as #FreeMuay in Laos, #SaveSabWaiVillagers and #JusticeForPhichit in Thailand, #StopDigitalDictatorship in South East Asia, and so on.
#WeAreManushyan ♾️ Equal Human Beings
#WeAreManushyan #Feminists #Feminism #WomenSupportingWomen #WomenRights
#Intersectionalism #HumanRights #ClimateJustice #IndigenousPeoples #Karen #Indigenous #environmentaljustice #thailand #whatshappeninginthailand #JustTransition #WeAreJustTransition #PeopleOverProfit #PlanetOverProfit #StopNAPping #StopSLAPP #DigitalRights #DigitalRightsAreHumanRights #FreedomOfExpression #StandUp4HumanRights #RightToProtest